It's hard to believe that we're already half way through the summer. Hopefully you had a chance to unwind, lounge about, and maybe even dip your toes into a nearby body of water. But if not, it isn't too late to make the most of long, slow weekends at home.
Staycations are truly underrated - whether it's a picnic in your own backyard, or packing up lunch to enjoy at a nearby park - there's something invigorating about getting outside in the fresh air and soaking up some sunshine.
Following the theme of long, slow summer days, we've rounded up a few home and style finds that are giving us European holiday at home vibes.
And in case you need some additional inspiration for getting out and enjoying the last bits of summer, here are a few fun ideas to make the most of your summer weekends at home:
- stroll to the local farmer's market and buy ingredients to cook up a seasonal dish
- explore a pick-your-own fruit or vegetable farm nearby
- find a local hike or visit a nearby park
- have a small backyard BBQ or bonfire with s'mores
- enjoy an outdoor movie night with a projector
- host an outdoor happy hour under twinkle lights (maybe even get fancy by freezing edible flowers in your cocktail ice cubes!)
- try grilling your own pizza
- pick out an easy summer read and take it to the patio with some fresh lemonade
- visit your local plant nursery and start a little garden
- purchase a fun outdoor game to enjoy, like bocce or a bean bag toss
What fun activities do you have planned for the rest of the summer?